<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Paul Smith Jr has a new home for his blog: www.gazizza.net. Click to go there now!

Monday, April 10, 2006


Reflections on the Divine Mercy
In the article linked above, I posted some excerpts from Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska's Diary "Divine mercy in My Soul." Since I have a long-running query I'm waiting on right now, I figured I'd write some reflections on them.
By obedience you give great glory to Me and gain merit for yourself."
Jesus said the above, and I've read saints speaking about obedience being the virtue most pleasing to God. And it makes sense that it is. After all, anyone can do God's will if it's something we want to do. I enjoy going to Sunday Mass, so it's not a big deal for me to do so. I hate abstaining from meat on Fridays, so for me to do so because God's Church commands it is more pleasing to Him since it's something I wouldn't do otherwise except for love for Him. This is true even though keeping the Sabbath holy is one of the Ten Commandments, while abstaining from meat is merely a discipline. Because I wouldn't abstain from meat other than the fact it pleases Him, this is much more pleasing to Him than my participation in the Sacrifice of the Mass.
My daughter, your heart is My heaven.
Jesus wants nothing more than to reside in our hearts so He can always be with us. When we welcome him into our hearts, we show much we love Him and want to act in ways pleasing to Him. This is His greatest pleasure, to reside with us always so closely that it's hard to tell where our will ends and His begins. That's Heaven for Him and for us.

Comments: Post a Comment






Archives
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Favorite Links | Sample Code | Resume | Pictures | Favorite Quotes | Contact | Blog
Copyright © 2004, PaulSmithJr.com