<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Paul Smith Jr has a new home for his blog: www.gazizza.net. Click to go there now!

Thursday, April 13, 2006


JIMMY AKIN.ORG: I've Been Bible Memed
1. How many Bibles are in your home?
Three.

2. What rooms are they in?
My dining/living room.

3. What translations do you have?
New American, Douay-Rheims, RSV-Catholic Edition

4. Do you have a preference?
RSV-CE. The Douay-Rheims is old-school English, so I have trouble understanding it. I can't compare the authenticity of the RSV and New American, although I confident both are fine. I prefer the RSV-CE because it doesn't have footnotes on the page so I get less distracted and can focus more on the actual text. (Plus, the NAB's commentary sometimes makes me wonder if the authors of the commentary are even Christian. Some of the stuff they come up with, whoo boy... Essentially, the rely far too much on the historical-critical method of analysis.)

5. Nominate an interesting verse:
Revelation 3:16: "So, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of my mouth."
(It's a common one, but the image is so strong it's very powerful.)

Comments: Post a Comment






Archives
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Favorite Links | Sample Code | Resume | Pictures | Favorite Quotes | Contact | Blog
Copyright © 2004, PaulSmithJr.com