<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Paul Smith Jr has a new home for his blog: www.gazizza.net. Click to go there now!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006


SI.com - 2006 NCAA Basketball Tournament - Nebraska man one of four to nail Final Four - Monday March 27, 2006 10:11PM
Russell Pleasant has some explaining to do.

Such is life when you're one of four out of 3 million contest entrants to pick all the teams in this year's Final Four: LSU, Florida, UCLA and ... George Mason?

George Mason?

Yep, he called it.

And how 'bout this: The software test engineer wasn't blindfolded, throwing darts or picking out of a hat when he made his selections and put the 11th-seeded Patriots, winners of zero NCAA tournament games before this season, on the last line in the Washington bracket.

He insists there was a method to his March Madness.

Well, sort of.

"I got them confused with George Washington," Pleasant conceded Monday, after he'd been identified as one of the final four in an ESPN.com contest.
We were talking at lunch yesterday and I was saying that the only team I had correct in the Final Four was UCLA. A guy asked me what factors led me to choose them. I looked at him and said, "I dunno. Just a hunch." The truth is, I know nothing about College Basketball. It's why my friends always like me being in their pools. I provide comic relief, either of the "How could you make that pick?" variety, or the "How is this moron doing so well?"

Comments: Post a Comment






Archives
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Favorite Links | Sample Code | Resume | Pictures | Favorite Quotes | Contact | Blog
Copyright © 2004, PaulSmithJr.com