<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Paul Smith Jr has a new home for his blog: www.gazizza.net. Click to go there now!

Thursday, February 16, 2006


Calabasas no smoking law begins next month
The new Calabasas secondhand smoke ordinance, which would prohibit smoking in all public areas of the city including parks, sidewalks and outdoor businesses, will take effect by the middle of March, city officials said.
This actually makes more sense to me than banning smoking indoors. If I'm inside a building, I'm there by choice on someone's private property. Walking outside in public I can be confronted with cigarette smoke against my will, so this seems an appropriate area for legislation since property rights are not defined in this case.

If I were a legislator, I would probably vote for a bill banning outdoor smoking, while continuing to oppose bans on smoking on any private property. Delaware, naturally, legislates backwards, limiting rights on private property while leaving those on public property defenseless. We should reverse that situation.

Comments: Post a Comment






Archives
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Favorite Links | Sample Code | Resume | Pictures | Favorite Quotes | Contact | Blog
Copyright © 2004, PaulSmithJr.com