<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Paul Smith Jr has a new home for his blog: www.gazizza.net. Click to go there now!

Thursday, February 09, 2006


Blogroll Updates
I just added Rae Stabosz's blog Confessions of a Cooperator. Rae works at the University of Delaware and is a devout Catholic. (And a "Buffy" fan, I just learned!)

I also added Enjoying Freedom Every Day by Francisco Gonzalez. He doesn't update as much as I'd like, but he's a good guy anyway. He works for the Intercollegiate Studies Institute, one of my favorite organizations.

I also removed a Delaware blog from the list. Formerly an enjoyable blog, despite its very left leanings, he's taken a turn for the deranged lately and I've ceased enjoying it so much. The final straw was a post accusing Bush of abolishing a program to aid seniors because cutting the program was cheaper than shooting them. I don't need to send traffic his way and don't wish to even indirectly publicize that sort of talk. (I haven't been back, but apparently my calls for showing respect for the other side were responded to quite derisively. Or so I'm told.) So he's gone.

Comments:
lol,

I was going to ask you to take a look at another Delaware blog until I read you removed someone you didn't care for.....

I don't know how harsh ours is but check it out and let me know what you think....
 

I added you as well. I'm not a big fan of "Bush is stupid" remarks, but it's not even close to "Bush wants people dead." You're offensive but without crossing the line.

Besides, thanks for the advice about not laying if you don't know what you're doing. I need to, and I don't know what I'm dong. I have an offer of help from a friend, so I might take her up on it.
 

I assume your comment is regarding laying tile....because if not the friend will most likely work for both instances.

It was not easy I used the big 20" tiles, it is just pure labor my friend, mixing the mud isn't easy either, you need a powerful drill and don't do the whole bag at once little portions at a time...good luck
 

So you removed me even though I told you plainly that I was using hyperbole. I had no idea that you were such a Bushbot.

Well, I'm not a censor. So I will keep you on my blogroll.

Sorry, I sinned by criticizing Bush's cruel cuts.
 

Dana, I'm not censoring you. You throw that word around, but to quote Inigo Montoya: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

I am in no way preventing you from speaking. Deleting your post here might qualify as censorship, but I am not doing that. I am merely exercising my freedom of association to disassociate myself from you. By your "logic", I'm censoring thousands upon thousands of blogs by not linking to them.

Hyperbole would be "Bush hates the elderly." (If you saw Arrested Development Friday night, you would have seen a hilarious parody of this concept with GOB's ventriloquist dummy wearing a shirt that said "Bush hates black puppets." Very funny.) Saying Bush is trying to starve the elderly because it's cheaper than shooting them is vicious and hateful.

And that's not the only incident, it was just the last straw for me. I'm not the only one who's noticed it. You've had a number of other visitors comment on your recent anger and hateful remarks. You've changed your tone to I refuse to associate my name with.

I'm not some "Bushbot" as people who read this blog regularly are aware. A majority of my posts about Bush are critical. And, I just linked to Donviti's blog which is very critical of Bush from the left. He just hasn't crossed the line.

You can continue to lash out at your critics, but eventually you may want to examine your own actions when people refuse to visit your blog. None of us is perfect. You should look in the mirror.

I won't be debating this topic any further. My decision is made and has been explained twice now.
 

Post a Comment






Archives
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Favorite Links | Sample Code | Resume | Pictures | Favorite Quotes | Contact | Blog
Copyright © 2004, PaulSmithJr.com