<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Paul Smith Jr has a new home for his blog: www.gazizza.net. Click to go there now!

Friday, January 20, 2006


CNN.com - Wilson Pickett dies of heart attack at 64 - Jan 20, 2006
I was sad to see this. Best known for "Mustang Sally" and "Land of 1000 Dances", for my money his best song was "I'm in Love." Back in 1999 or so, I drove one of my coworkers crazy by putting his greatest hits album on perpetual repeat in my cube. She eventually learned the words to "Don't Fight It" completely against her will. He had a number of other good songs as well. In my goofier moments, I pretend that "A Man and a Half" was written about me.
When I walk, the birds & the bees stop lovin' & look at me now, look here
When I talk, the whole wide world listen to my words, huh
...
Only once in a lifetime a man like me comes along
Shakespeare wrote poems about me even before I was born
"I'm in Love" and "I Found a True Love" seemed to capture the joy of being in love so well. (I tend to overplay Pickett when I'm starting a relationship. Roy Orbison gets overplayed when it ends.)

A sad day for music fans.

Comments: Post a Comment






Archives
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Favorite Links | Sample Code | Resume | Pictures | Favorite Quotes | Contact | Blog
Copyright © 2004, PaulSmithJr.com